- 1⁄4 cup black cardamom pods or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons green cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick, 3 inches long
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Break open the cardamom pods, remove the seeds and reserve.
- Discard the skin.
- Crush the cinnamon into small pieces with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Combine all the spices except the nutmet and grind them to a fine powder (I use a coffee grinder).
- Mix in the grated nutmeg.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.