Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a more mellow blend of garam masala, it's the one I prefer when making Indian dishes. I post this to go with my Lamb in Fragrant Garlic Cream recipe.
- Break open the cardamom pods, remove the seeds and reserve.
- Discard the skin.
- Crush the cinnamon into small pieces with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Combine all the spices except the nutmet and grind them to a fine powder (I use a coffee grinder).
- Mix in the grated nutmeg.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Very nice combo. And it does wonders for the meal.
Thank you for a recipe I can use with my cumin hating sister (most recipes I have call for cumin)
I have to confess I tried a couple more recipes but this one is undoubtedly the best one. It adds incredible aroma and taste.