Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These moist, delicious muffins are made without eggs so are ideal for someone with an egg allergy or for someone like myself who has to watch their cholesterol intake. I made these with Jordan's Supreme Muesli, which is 50% fruit and nuts, but if this product is not available where you live, you can substitute any flaked cereal with good results.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup muesli
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, raisins, muesli, bran, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, oil and molasses.
- Stir into the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into large greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Sprinkle with the rolled oats.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.