Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Saw these on a Martha Stewart episode, they are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line baking sheets with Silpats or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl or the top of a double boiler set over a pot of simmering water, melt together the unsweetened and semisweet chocolates and the butter; set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add cooled, melted chocolate mixture, and combine on low speed.
- Add flour mixture, and continue to beat on low speed until almost combined, about 1 minute.
- Remove bowl from mixer; stir in milk chocolate by hand.
- Using a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart.
- Bake until set, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.
These cookies are great. They tasted even better the day after. My friend told me that they taste like brownies. It was easy to bake. I only baked then for exactly 12 minutes. I baked he first batch for 15 mns and they came out with the edges burned.
Hello seahorse73, these are wonderful and we love them here at the home. We are going to put these on our Holiday trays. Thank you so much for sharing this yummy chocolate cookie, Diane:)