Recipe by Pot Scrubber
This recipe has been going through constant revisions in my private recipe files for more than a year. It is now ready for its debut.
Top Review by Babbsy
I make Mexican all the time and this comes in so handy. It costs pennies to make and much more to buy... Now that I am out of work it is important that I pinch pennies when I can!
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a small container.
- Brown one pound of ground beef or turkey and drain fat away. (I prefer ground turkey. There is no fat to drain away and it crumbles into tiny pieces very easily.).
- Throw in seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water and mix well with your ground meat.
- Simmer until thick --
- Note: combine your taco meat with about half of a can of refried beans for a delicious burrito or chimichanga filling.