Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My dear elderly friend Ms. Nola gave me this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 300. Butter a 9-inch quiche dish and sprinkle with the bread crumbs, and set aside.
- Separate the eggs, and set the whites in a medium bowl.Place aside. In a large mixing bowl beat the yolks with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 3 minutes or til thick and lemony in color. Add goat cheese, and beat just til smooth and creamy. Add creme fraiche, herbs, salt, and garlic, beat just till combined.
- clean beaters well, and beat egg whites with an mixer on medium speed til stiff and peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into goat cheese mixture. Pour into dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes till tart is puffed and golden brown insert a knife near the center to test, will come out clean. Serve warm.