Kim D.'s Note:
This recipe was printed in the Fall 2007 Taste of the South Magazine. It was once a secret family recipe belonging to a Southern lady from Mississippi. This pie is special in that it has a creamy custard pecan filling and it's topped with meringue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prick pie shell with a fork.
- 3Bake pie shell for 10 minutes or until golden brown; remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 4On a baking sheet, place pecans in a single layer and roast in oven until fragrant, checking every few minutes to avoid burning; remove from oven and let cool.
- 5In a medium microwave safe bowl, beat egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, and flour on medium speed with an electric mixer, beating until thick and pale.
- 6Add sweetened-condensed milk, water and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- 7Microwave on high (100 percent power) for 5 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until mixture is a thick pudding-like consistency.
- 8Stir in pecans.
- 9Let cool for 20 minutes.Spoon filling into pie shell.
- 10Increase oven temperature to 400°F
- 11In a clean, medium bowl, beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy.
- 12Gradually add 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 13Spread meringue over pie, sealing to edge.
- 14Return pie to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until merigue is slightly brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Stewart's Pecan Pie W/ Meringue
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.4
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 180.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g