Recipe by Kat's Mom
Found in Mrs. Rowe's Little Book of Southern Pies. So simple, so tasty and so easy on the budget compared to buying pre-made! Perfect for Grasshopper Pie or cheesecake pie. This crust can be made a day ahead and stored in the refirgerator. Please allow at least 1/2 hour of cooling time before filling.
- 2 cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs (use plain cookies without filling or icing)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine crumbs and butter; mix well.
- Firmly and evenly press mixture into a 9" or 10" pie plate.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust darkens to a deeper (almost black) brown color.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before filling.