Recipe by geoval2
This is a wonderful recipe for lemon squares that I have been making for years! Mrs. P. was an elderly friend of my Mum's and I'm so glad I got this from her. If you love things lemon you will make these over and over!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thanks Geo for this recipe. My DH loves things lemon...This was so easy and is very tasty. I didn't have enough lemon juice so I added 1 juiced lime to the lemon juice...made for a very flavourful dessert. We enjoyed it very much...
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 16 salted soda biscuits
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 cup shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the tin of condensed milk and the lemon juice in a small bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl crumble the soda biscuits with your fingers and then mix in the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it is in small crumbs and then mix in the coconut if desired.
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in a 8x8x2 pan and pat it gently with your fingers.
- Spread over the milk mixture and then sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top.
- Pop into a 350 oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool.