Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful recipe for lemon squares that I have been making for years! Mrs. P. was an elderly friend of my Mum's and I'm so glad I got this from her. If you love things lemon you will make these over and over!
- Mix together the tin of condensed milk and the lemon juice in a small bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl crumble the soda biscuits with your fingers and then mix in the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it is in small crumbs and then mix in the coconut if desired.
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in a 8x8x2 pan and pat it gently with your fingers.
- Spread over the milk mixture and then sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top.
- Pop into a 350 oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool.