This is a wonderful recipe for lemon squares that I have been making for years! Mrs. P. was an elderly friend of my Mum's and I'm so glad I got this from her. If you love things lemon you will make these over and over!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the tin of condensed milk and the lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 2In a medium sized bowl crumble the soda biscuits with your fingers and then mix in the flour, brown sugar, and baking soda.
- 3Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until it is in small crumbs and then mix in the coconut if desired.
- 4Put 1/2 of the mixture in a 8x8x2 pan and pat it gently with your fingers.
- 5Spread over the milk mixture and then sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top.
- 6Pop into a 350 oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- 7Let cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs Paradine's Lemon Squares
Serving Size: 1 (2163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.7
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 380.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g