Recipe by superblondieno2
We have a Mrs. Field's cookie book that I love to try new recipes out of. I found pumpkin on sale and I had been itching to try this recipe, so I made it. They are a tasty little cookie, good with Chai tea! Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed (light is okay too)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned or freshly cooked)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugars with an electric mixer. Add the butter and beat to form a grainy mixture. Then add egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, raisins and walnuts. Blend at low speed until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until cookies are slightly brown around the edges.