Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
from RecipeSource. Makes tons of soft, rich cookies. You have to love chocolate and raisins for this one.
Top Review by Alyson M.
This is the WORST cookie I have ever tasted. I should have suspected as much when tasting the dough. They definitely didn't get any better once they were cooked. They are bland and have an odd after taste. The entire batch went in the yard waste. It's a shame because her banana nut chocolate chip cookie recipe has always gotten rave reviews when I have made them but these were flat out awful.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cream sugars and butter in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing at medium speed until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 22- 24 minutes.
- Transfer immediately to cool, flat surface.