Recipe by Charmie777
A friend and I taught a cooking class years ago, and this is a recipe we adapted for our class! It's such a great recipe...my absolute favorite for fried rice!! You can easily add chicken, pork, shrimp or whatever and make it a main course!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very easy to make, & wonderfully tasty, too ~ A real winner, & that surprised me since I don't usually care for cabbage unless it's raw! However, I was very careful here & made sure that the cabbage was still a bit crisp when the rice was ready to serve! Couldn't have been better! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Family Picks during ZWT6]
- 2 cups uncooked calrose rice
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- soy sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam or cook rice according to package directions. Cool.
- Fry bacon in large fry pan or wok until crisp.
- Move bacon to side of pan (or remove) and add eggs to pan and scramble.
- Add all vegetables to pan, and stir fry with bacon and eggs until crisp-tender.
- Add rice to pan and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.