Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Mrs. Cantanese is a woman who lives in Crystal Falls, MI. My husband was brought up with these cookies in mouth... They are GREAT!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (room temp.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sugar (as needed)
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in molasses.
- Combine the flour, soda, spices and salt.
- Fold together with the butter mix.
- Cover. Chill 1 hour.
- Heat oven 350.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Coat the bottom of a glass with sugar.
- Press onto cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a flat surface.