Recipe by AZPARZYCH
From Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama. We eat a lot of chicken, and breaded and baked is our favorite. This is a lightly breaded chicken that is sauteed, a perfect change from the norm.
Top Review by davianng
What a fantastic change from the usual breaded chicken! The only thing I did to alter this great recipe, was to dust the chicken pieces with flour first to create a sticky base for the pecan coating to stick to. Worked a treat! Made for PRMR 2/11.
- 1 cup pecans, finely fround
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and flattened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large shallow dish combine pecans, cheese, garlic salt and basil.
- Place lemon juice in another shallow dish; dip chicken in juice, then coat with pecan mix.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.