Recipe by Catcooks123
Nice bean salad. A quick side dish to bring to a summer barbecue or party. I prefer the grape tomatoes but any favorite kind of yours will be nice.
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans
- 8 ounces low fat mozzarella, cut in small cubes
- 1 pint of fresh grape tomatoes or 8 ounces cherry tomatoes or 4 medium tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 leaves cut up fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the cheese and tomatoes if nessary.
- Rinse the beans In cold water very well, carefully drain.
- Place these ingredients in a bowl with some of the basil.
- (save some for garnish) Whip together dressing ingredients.
- add to bowl blend with care not to break up the beans.
- Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Line a salad bowl or platter with lettuce leaves add the bean salad on top of it.
- Spot basil around for garnish.
- A nice touch is to add a large 12 cut tomato in center or some colored bell peppers for flare.