1/7 Photos of Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Quiche
The Mediterranean flavours of mozzarella, tomato and basil blend beautifully to make this a flavourful and attractive quiche. You could use an unbaked pie shell rather than dough- this is just how I make it. If your quiche pan is tall, you may like to increase the egg and cream mixture in a ratio of 4 eggs: 1 cup cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- 2Lay the sheet of pastry dough over a 9-inch quiche pan, pressing the dough gently into the crimped edges. Cut away any excess dough so the pastry is level with the top of the pan.
- 3Prick the base of the pastry with a fork.
- 4Lay half the sliced tomatoes evenly over the pastry. Scatter half the cheese and chopped basil over the tomatoes. Repeat with the rest of the tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- 5Mix the eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pour carefully over the other ingredients in the pastry shell, leaving a little space for the mixture to rise slightly in the oven.
- 7Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked and set.
- 8Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- 9Serve hot or cold!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.5
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 311.7 mg
- Sodium 691.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 23.4 g