Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am going to be trying this one VERY soon!! Mozzarella is my favorite cheese in the world. This would be perfect for a party! They sound fun and delish!!! Plus, you still end up with a gooey mess :D
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, if needed
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 pieces OR
- 16 bocconcini (bite sized mozzarella balls)
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 32 baguette, slices garlic rubbed and grilled
- 2 -6 long bbq skewers
- Place the tomatoes in an attractive serving bowl.
- Arrange the mozzarella, basil leaves and grilled bread on a platter.
- Set up the grill for direct heat and preheat to high. (Charcoal grill: rake the embers into a pile at the bottom of the grill and leave off the grill grate. Gas grill: preheat to superhot.).
- Skewer a cube of mozzarella.
- Roast over the fire, turning the skewer to evenly melt the cheese. (If you are using a gas grill, you'll need to bring it as close as possible to the fire without touching the grate.).
- When the mozzarella begins to melt and brown, after 1-2 min on charcoal (little longer for gas), use a knife or a fork to scrape the cheese off the skewer onto a piece of grilled bread. NEVER ATTEMPT TO EAT DIRECTLY OFF THE SKEWER! YOU WILL BURN YOURSELF!
- Top the cheese with a basil leaf and a piece of sun-dried tomato, and a second piece of grilled bread.