Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious appetizer served with baguette slices. I like to make this when unexpected company arrives. I usually have the ingredients on hand.
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups chunky marinara sauce
- baguette, slices
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cheese in shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Spoon marinara sauce around cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with baguette slices.
We made this for lunch today using homemade spaghetti sauce with ground beef and sausage. This is similar to frozen bagel bites but is soooooo much yummier! And yes, the two of us gobbled it up fast! Definitely having again when the kids come over. Yummy!
This is what we ate for lunch. I made fresh marinara sauce this morning : 10-Minute Marinara Sauce This is very good and will do it again when we have friends over. Thanks Lainey. Made for 123 hit wonders.
LOVED this, will add to my favorites for you. Quick, easy, and delicious - what more could you want. Thanks Lainey for a real winner. I made this for the orphaned chef tag and so glad I did.