Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found the recipe on a blog called "Nothing But Country," and I've made a few additions to suit my needs.
Top Review by Shawn R.
Definitely not impressed with the icing BUT absolutely LOVE the cupcakes! So, next time I will either use store bought lemon icing or use a different recipe for homemade icing. Otherwise, a hit with the kids and family.
- 510.29 g box lemon cake mix
- 96.38 g box lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 295.73 ml Mountain Dew soda
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 0.19-0.32 ml yellow food coloring
- 946.36 ml confectioners' sugar
- 236.59 ml salted butter (room temp)
- 28.39 ml Mountain Dew soda
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 7.39 ml lime juice
- 0.19-0.32 ml neon green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, pudding and eggs well.
- Add in your oil to the batter and mix for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in your mountain dew soda and mix for another minute.
- Add to cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees F for 13-17 minutes (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Allow time to cool before frosting.
- To make frosting, beat your butter well till smooth, slowly add in 1 cup at a time of confectioners sugar and your lemon juice & mountain dew.
- Add all of your sugar and check for thickness of the frosting. If it is too thick add a teaspoon at a time of mountain dew till you reach the correct consistency to pipe or frost your cupcakes.