Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made up this tuna salad with dried cherries and walnuts in honor of George Washington's birthday. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, chopped fine
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- In a medium bowl; add your tuna, walnuts, cherries, and dates.
- Remove each artichoke heart from the jar and cut into bite-size pieces. This will also serve to drain them.
- In a small bowl; mix yogurt, lemon juice, artichoke hearts, and mint.
- Add the yogurt mix to the tuna mix and stir well.
- Chill then serve.