Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This comes from the book "Dining on a Dime." I made these for a teacher luncheon, and they were devoured. So sweet and yummy! original recipe says it makes 18 pieces, but it makes a lot more.
- 22 graham cracker squares, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Spread in the bottom oa a 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven (leave oven on) and let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, heat coconut and sweetened condensed milk for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. (Do not let scorch; turn down heat if neccessary).
- Spread over graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Place in hot oven and turn off heat. Let sit in oven for 5 minutes or until chocolate chips are melted.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate chips into a smooth layer. Let cool, and place in fridge to set up.
- Cut into bars & serve. Store leftovers in fridge.