Recipe by KGCOOK
Mom liked to make this on special holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Change the food color to red and you have valentines day or Maybe pastel color for Easter! You may also add drained and chopped maraschino cherries.
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pistachio pudding mix, instant
- 6 -7 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, crushed, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nuts or 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine carefully, cool whip, pudding mix, and food coloring (if desired).
- You don't want to stir hard or fast to lose it's consistency.
- Fold in pineapple, 1/2 cup nuts and marshmallows.
- Smooth into a 13 X 9 inch pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Refrigeration time is in place of the cooking time.