Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
A Daddy/daughter soup to make with many ingredients for the smaller chef to add! No meat except for the beef bones to make a good stock.
- 3 -4 beef bones with marrow
- 4 quarts water
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks celery, with tops
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 unpeleed onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt (go easy on the salt!)
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 2 stalks celery, chopped coarse
- 3 carrots, chopped fairly thick (1/4-inch)
- 1 onion, chopped coarse
- 1 (16 ounce) can beer
- 1 glass red wine
- 1⁄4 cup snap peas
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained but chopped to bite size
- 15 ounces cut green beans, drained
- 15 ounces great northern beans, drained
- 1 zucchini or 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup spiral shaped pasta
- For Broth:.
- Roast bones on cookie sheet 30 minutes @ 400.
- Put them in the boiling water with remaining 'broth' ingredients.
- Boil/simmer for 4 hours.
- Strain through a collander into a large container.
- Cool in fridge and remove fat from top (2 hours or overnight).
- For soup:.
- Add beef stock to large soup pot, then for soup add:.
- Chopped celery.
- Chopped carrot.
- Chopped onion.
- snap peas.
- stewed tomatoes.
- cut green beans.
- northern beans.
- zucchini or yellow squash.
- Boil/simmer for 1 hour.
- Add twirly pasta.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese to bowls as you serve.