Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and easy adaptation of a recipe from "Foods from Mother Earth" by Maura D. Shaw and Sydna Altschuler Byrne (Shawangunk Press, 1994). I like the fresh, slightly spicy-sweet taste, and the crunchy texture. Can't wait to make it with fresh carrots from the garden! This salad can also be scooped up with pita chips.
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper
- Shred or grate the carrots finely.
- You can shred the onion, too, instead of chopping it, if you like.
- Place carrots and onion in a medium serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the carrots and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate.
I liked this, not use to Curry, it was a welcome change of taste, easy and quick to make using my food processor. I am trying to get more fresh veggies in my diet. I'll take the leftovers for lunch tomarrow.