- 1 kg veal or 1 kg lean beef
- 250 g big green olives, pitted and sliced
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, diced or tinned
- 180 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- boiled new potatoes or chunky home made chipped potato, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the meat into thickish portions and brown in hot oil in a heavy pan.
- Add sufficient water to prevent sticking and simmer until tender (about 2 hours).
- Add the tomatoes, olives and garlic, and seasoning and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- You should wind up with tender meat in a savoury tomato and olive flavoured sauce.