My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cajun seasoning, Morton (see recipe description for making) or 1 cup other cajun seasoning
- 6 (16 ounce) rib eye steaks, each about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 cup vegetable oil, such as canola or 1 cup safflower oil
- 1Put the Morton's Cajun seasoning in a large, shallow glass or ceramic pan. Press each side of the steaks into the seasoning to cover completely.
- 2Remove the steaks and lightly pound each three to four times with a perforated meat mallet or small heavy skillet to soften but not flatten more than a little. Discard any remaining seasoning in the pan.
- 3Pour the oil into the pan and add the steaks one by one. Flip over. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours. Alternatively, marinate the steaks in heavy-duty resealable plastic bags.
- 4When you are ready to cook the steaks, remove them from the oil and let the oil drip off to remove the excess oil. The oil can flare on the grill or in the broiler.
- 5Set the steaks aside for 30 to 60 minutes at room temperature and grill the steaks to your liking.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morton Steakhouse Cajun Ribeye Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1566.2
- Calories from Fat 1229
- Total Fat 136.6 g
- Saturated Fat 45.6 g
- Cholesterol 308.9 mg
- Sodium 254.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 79.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: