Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from grouprecipes.com
Make and share this Morrocan Potato Cakes- Maakouda Batata recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Peel the potatoes and place in pot and cover with water and boil until a sharp knife can be inserted halfway throught the potato.
- 2. Drain the potatoes and place in an ice water bath to stop the cooking, allow to cool, maybe chill for awile.
- 3. Melt the butter in a small skillet. add the onions and saute them gently over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Then add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute, and then remove from the heat.
- 5. Grate the potatoes into a bowl and add the spices, garlic, onions and cilantro and stir in enough of the eggs to bind the potatoes.
- 6. Shape the mixture into cakes.
- 7. You can fry them in oil for about 10 minutes each side or place in oven at 400 degrees f for about 20 minutes.
These potato cakes are delicious and very flavorful. I served them with a roast chicken and everyone gobbled them up. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
i just grated it all together and fried tastes good zwt9