1/1 Photo of Morrison's Cafeteria Fried Shrimp
Buster's friend's Note:
Dunno where Morrison's Cafeteria is but this makes some mighty nice fried shrimp. Adapted from the Miami Herald. I like to use my deep fat fryer outside on the deck - all the crunchy shrimpy goodness outside & no greasy kitchen cleanup! Shrimp are coming in here fast & furious for a while longer - this is a great way to use them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and tails left on (about 3 dozen medium to large)
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
- 1Blot shrimp dry with paper towels and set aside. Heat several inches of oil to 350 degrees in a deep, heavy pot or deep fryer.
- 2Combine the dredging mixture in a shallow dish.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk the baking powder, salt and paprika into the flour. Whisk in the egg and water, blending well.
- 4Hold shrimp by the tail, dredge, dip in batter and slip into hot oil. Fry a few at a time just until batter is golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Morrison's Cafeteria Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 265.6 mg
- Sodium 1088.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 41.2 g