Recipe by Studentchef
Also from the same IGA booklet about BBQ recipes. I don't know what air chilled chicken thighs but that is what is required. If that sort of thing is not available than you can always get regular chicken. I don't see why not. You can replace the chicken thighs with boneless chicken breasts.
- 8 aired chilled chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 pineapple slices, diced
- 4 ounces moroccan olives (green, purple, black)
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch saffron
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat BBQ to high.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and arrange then in a dish. Sprinkle with lime juice and oil then rub with garlic powder and dry rub blend.
- Skewer two chicken thighs per serving on wood skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes. Grill for about 3 minutes per side (chicken will cook faster if lime juice has been well absorbed).
- Meanwhile, gently toss diced pineapple and olives. Wrap this in a foil and place on the top grill of BBQ for about 2 minutes.
- Brush chicken with oil and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve chicken with the olive and pineapple mixture with coriander flavoured couscous.