Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from The South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, cinnamon, coriander, cumin and paprika to form a paste. Press spice mixture onto both sides of each pork chop.
- Light coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Grill pork until there is no trace of pink near the bone, 6-8 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and season with pepper to taste.
First words out of hubby's mouth was...Wow, this is really good!...That's a five star in my book...I did have thin chops w/o bone so cooked them 4 minutes on each side...I found the cinnamon on the dominate side...so if it's not a favorite of yours I would suggest cutting it back a bit...this was quick and easy...no marinating time needed...thanks for posting this...it's a keeper...=)
Very differant but delicious way to prepare pork chops. Loved the blend and also so easy to make. After mixing the spices I put on the chops and then marinated them in the fridge for around 2 hours - then grilled on the stove top as directed. Wonderful dinner that both of us truly enjoyed and served with Orzo with Parmesan and Basil and steamed spagetti squash. Wonderfl dinner. Made for 1-2-3 Hits