Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in a cooking magazine I picked up, and it looks amazing (simple, too, because I can use the indoor grill)! Posting it so I don't lose it. Just in time for ZWT II, too.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (Greek yogurt, if you can find it)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 12 sea scallops (approx. 1 lb, the large ones)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, halved (may use cherry tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon, zest of, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Coat grill with nonstick spray and preheat to medium-high (I'm guessing about 350ºF on a Foreman grill).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first ten ingredients (from yogurt to fresh ground pepper). Add scallops and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and fresh ginger. Saute for about 3 minutes, taking care not to brown it.
- In a food processor, pulse the tomatoes, vinegar, honey and lemon zest. While processor is running, drizzle in the warm shallot-ginger mixture. Once blended, transfer this to a mixing bowl and stir in parsley. Season with salt to taste. Set aside (at room temperature) until serving time.
- Remove scallops from marinade and discard remaining marinade. Place scallops on grill and sear for 2-3 minutes, then turn them over and grill for 3-5 minutes more (until cooked through. don't overcook or you will have little rubber scallops).
- Spoon approximately half a cup of vinaigrette onto each serving plate, and top with three scallops per plate.