Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken and shellfish marinated in cilantro, cumin and paprika, cooked with rice and stock for a delicious and tasty meal.
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb seafood, cubed (mixed fish and shellfish)
- 8 ounces long grain rice
- 2 pints chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- lime, wedges, to garnish
- Place the chili, paprika, cilantro, garlic cumin and lemon juice in a dish and mix well. Pour half over the chicken and the remainder over the fish selection. Cover and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a very large, deep sided, frying pan and add the rice. Toss over a low-heat until the rice grains are well coated.
- Heat the stock and gradually add to the rice, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate frying pan, sear the chicken until browned and add to the rice. Now fry the fish for 3 minutes and add to the rice. Stir carefully, season and cover with a lid. Cook for 15 minutes and serve garnished with lime wedges.