Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Moroccan.com. My only problem is it didn't say how many kebabs it makes, so I am making a guess. If some one decides to make this recipe, let me know how many kebabs this really makes.
- three quarter cup olive oil
- two thirds cup lemon juice
- 6 finely copped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (ground)
- 2 teaspoons coriander (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 4 lbs lamb, cut into 2in cubes (leg)
- 16 skewers, 32 dried apricots boiled in water for 15 min (whole)
- 4 red onions, cut into 8 pieces
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint, salt, lemon, pepper, coriander and cumin together until blended. Set aside half a cup of this mixture in the fridge to use later to baste the kebabs.
- Put the kebabs in this mixture for 2 hours at room temperature. Ensure they they're well coated by the marinade.
- Prepare your barbecue. Thread 3 lamb cubes onto 1 skewer. Then thread 3 apricots and 3 onion chunks alternately on the next skewer. Baste everything with the reserved marinade.
- Grill the apricot/onion skewers until onions soft & brown. Grill lamb to your preference, basting continuously. Serve on couscous.