Recipe by Cookie16
This would be Moroccan inspired rather than something that is actually eaten in Morocco. It is quick and easy and has a nice flavor. Any pepper will do but if you use a yellow or orange one the dish is prettier. This is good served over coucous.
- 1 lb beef cube steak (4)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 t. oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add steaks and cook 6-7 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer steaks along with any juice to a plate.
- In same skillet, heat 1 t. oil.
- Add pepper, cumin, cinnamon and 1/4 cup water and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add salsa, brown sugar and other 1/4 cup water and heat to boiling.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Turn heat to very low, add steaks and cilantro and heat til through.