1/4 Photos of Moroccan Chicken Wings
From Southern Living's Ultimate Book of Appetizers, these sound tasty. NOTE #1: Based on the 4 previous reviews, I've changed the recipe to decrease the amount of cinnamon, since the reviews indicate that the recipe seems heavy on the cinnamon. Original recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of cinnamon -- you make the call! NOTE #2: The directions for this recipe seemed somewhat lacking in the book, so I embellished a little. I would recommend for step #7, to either spray or spritz the oil on the chicken rather than brushing it on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (amount decreased from 2T in original recipe)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Cut off and discard chicken wing tips; cut wings in half at joint.
- 2Combine chicken, lemon juice, and garlic, tossing gently. Let chicken marinate 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to re-coat.
- 3Meanwhile, line a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease aluminum foil and set pan aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 4Combine flour and next 7 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal bag, and shake to mix ingredients.
- 5Remove chicken from lemon juice mixture, discarding lemon juice mixture.
- 6Place chicken, a few pieces at a time, in bag with flour mixture; seal bag, and shake to coat chicken.
- 7Place chicken on prepared pan, brush with oil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.0
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 1305.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 37.4 g