5 hrs 15 mins
Is this recipe redone, thought would play with lowering the carbs/salt for fun :) *****UPDATE: When I ACTUALLY made it, I did not personally think the tomatoes were enough liquid, so I adjusted the recipe in a way that I thought worked for me! Hopefully it is still a healthy, nutritious recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb eggplant (peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 (400 g) canned tomatoes
- 1/3 cup prune
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 red chilies
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1In 5 or 6-qt slow cooker, combine eggplant, tomatoes, yellow pepper, prunes, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, finely diced red chilis chick peas.
- 2NOTE: chilis are personal preference.
- 3Add bite size chicken pieces; toss with large spoon to blend.
- 4Cover; cook on low for 5-6 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir in peanut butter. Serve with salad and cheese to offset carbs.
- 5NOTE: amount of peanut butter is also personal taste.
- 6NOTE: you MAY need to stir mixture once or twice throughout the course of cooking so the chicken does not clump together.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken (Crock Pot) Redone
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.0
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 395.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 37.3 g