Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Is this recipe redone, thought would play with lowering the carbs/salt for fun :) *****UPDATE: When I ACTUALLY made it, I did not personally think the tomatoes were enough liquid, so I adjusted the recipe in a way that I thought worked for me! Hopefully it is still a healthy, nutritious recipe!
- 3⁄4 lb eggplant (peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 (400 g) canned tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup prune
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 red chilies
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- In 5 or 6-qt slow cooker, combine eggplant, tomatoes, yellow pepper, prunes, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, finely diced red chilis chick peas.
- NOTE: chilis are personal preference.
- Add bite size chicken pieces; toss with large spoon to blend.
- Cover; cook on low for 5-6 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir in peanut butter. Serve with salad and cheese to offset carbs.
- NOTE: amount of peanut butter is also personal taste.
- NOTE: you MAY need to stir mixture once or twice throughout the course of cooking so the chicken does not clump together.