Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Everyday with Rachel Rae
Make and share this Moroccan Carrot-Chickpea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 20 ounces carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, golden
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, roasted unsalted chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mint leaf, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice, coriander, cayenne and salt. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Stir in the carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cashews, cilantro and mint. Toss to coat. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
I very much enjoyed this. I love carrot salads to begin with and anything that adds a Moroccan or North African flair is always welcome. For me, the high points were the cashews and mint. I could happily make a lunch with just this and some mint tea. Easy and delicious, what more could you ask? :D