Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chocolate-chip and snickerdoodle combination
Make and share this More Than One and Less Than 2 recipe from Food.com.
Chocolate chip side
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Note: The chocolate chip dough must be refrigerated for at least an hour, so let it chill while you are making the snickerdoodle side!
- Grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper.
- For the chocolate chip side:.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- Pour the melted butter in the mixer's work bowl.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar to melted butter.
- Cream the butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, yolk, 2 tablespoons milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Chill this dough for at least an hour before rolling into 3/4 inch size balls to match up with the snickerdoodle side.
- For the snickerdoodle side:.
- Stir together flour, soda, cream of tartar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds; add the 2 cups sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, until well combined.
- Form dough into 3/4 inch size balls. Roll balls in 3 tbsp sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixture.
- Take one of each ball and form them against each other (side to side) and flatten slightly. Bake until done. Enjoy.