My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate (5 squares)
- 1/2 lb butter (2 sticks) or 1/2 lb margarine, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed (white sugar is also OK)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (use 3/4 cup for fudgier brownies)
- 1Butter a 9x13-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Gently melt the chocolate. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- 5Stir in the vanilla.
- 6Stir constantly as you drizzle in the melted chocolate. After all the chocolate is in, beat well for a minute or two.
- 7Stir in flour and possible embellishments.
- 8Mix just enough to blend thoroughly.
- 9Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- 10Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center come out clean.
- 11Cut into squares while still hot, then allow to cool for at least 10 minutes, if you can wait that long.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moosewood Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.8
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.1 mg
- Sodium 178.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g