1/3 Photos of Moody Pikelets
My mum's failsafe recipe for pikelets - I can eat these all day. (*Note: If you dont have buttermilk you can make a substitute with 1tsp vinegar/lemon juice into 1/2 cup of plain milk)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour,salt & bicarbonate into a bowl.
- 2Make a well in the centre and add sugar, egg, milk and melted butter.
- 3Stir mix until it is a smooth batter. Leave to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Grease frypan with extra butter & heat until hot.
- 5Spoon mixture into the frypan to make 6cm round pikelets.
- 6Cook until bubbles appear, then flip and cook on the other side until golden.
- 7Repeat until all batter is used.
- 8Serve warm with butter, jam, cream, honey or any favourites.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moody Pikelets
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 178.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g