Top Review by Notherjack
This recipe was a big hit with visiting relatives, even some who weren't fans of Chinese food. Definitely a keeper. I used the pancake recipe #11026 posted by Bergy. If you can't find the Hoisin sauce, plum sauce will sub nicely.
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seed oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 4 ounces reduced-fat firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled,grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 6 frozen Chinese pancakes or 6 wheat crepes (thawed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees.
- Wrap pancakes in foil and place in oven to warm, about 8 minutes.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok or large skillet until very hot.
- Add green onions, bok choy, red bell pepper, carrots and mushrooms.
- Stir-fry vegetables 3 to 4 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add sprouts, tofu, ginger and garlic and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes until sprouts are soft.
- Stir in tamari and extra hoisin sauce.
- To eat, drizzle a spoonful of hoisin sauce across center of pancake.
- Top with generous helping of vegetables and roll up burrito style.