Recipe by WI Cheesehead
No oil in this recipe. Just cooking spray. Good comfort food! Prep and cook time? No idea!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Made this for Spring 2008 PAC. It was good and I am surprised my husband ate them since he does not like corn bread. I liked these, never had corn fritters before, seemed more like pancakes; were really good with butter on them. Will make again. Thanks!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (green part only)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, blend together all ingredients except cooking spray. Batter should be slightly thicker than pancake batter.
- Place a griddle over med-high heat until hot.
- Lightly spray griddle.
- Pour rounds of about 1/4 C batter at a time onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles come to surface.
- Flip fritters and cook a few minutes more.
- Serve immediately.