Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just different enough! I got this one from a recipe swap a few years back and don't know it's origins but it's good for a quick lunch.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- In a med-sized saucepan combine water, tomato and chilies. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 (five) minutes. Stir in the milk soups and garlic salt.
- Cook, stirring over medium heat, until heated through.
- Place cheese cubes in serving bowls and ladle soup over cheese.