Top Review by ThatJodiGirl
I have had this sandwich before at a local restraunt, that is now out of business...So I cannot get them any longer, but now I can make them! A variation on the sandwich I have had is that it didn't have turkey on it, and they gave you pancake syrup to dip it in! MMMMMMMM, very yummy sandwich, everyone should try it at least once!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb deli turkey (sliced thin)
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham (sliced thin)
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (to dust)
- 1 jar raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
- Place en equal number of slices of the turkey, ham and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of the bread.
- Top with the remaining 8 slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over low heat.
- Dip 2 sandwiches, 1 at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely.
- Place in the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until bread is golden and cheese melts.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately with preserves on the side for dipping.