Monte Cristo Sandwich prepared with tempura batter. The best way to make this yummy sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Leave the slices of bread out to make them stale or toast slightly.
- 2Assemble the sandwiches with a slice of bread, a slice of turkey, a slice of ham, a slice of cheese, a slice of ham, a slice of turkey, and the other slice of bread.
- 3Secure with toothpicks (or I like to use raw spaghetti, so I don't have to worry about taking them out).
- 4Heat oil (there should be enough to submerge the sandwich).
- 5Make the tempura batter according to the box directions. (it is VERY important that you use ice cold water, you can even add ice cubes to the batter).
- 6Dip the assembled sandwiches one at a time into the batter and place into the hot oil, turning over and cooking until lightly browned.
- 7Place 2 tsp jelly on each sandwich and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 8If you are feeling really adventurous you can make french toast with the bread first and then assemble the sandwiches with it.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monte Cristo Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 1082.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: