Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from Gooseberry Patch's book "Super-Fast Slow Cooking." It was submitted y Rhonda Reeder. It is a delicious bowl of hearty stew full of vegetables with meat perfect for cold day meal. It will warm you head-to-toe and warm your heart, too!
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 11/2 (inch thick)
- 1 (6 ounce) box long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's brand suggested)
- 1 lb beef sirloin, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 cups beef broth
- Place mushrooms, carrots, and rice mix with seasoning packet in crockpot and stir to combine. Top with beef. (Beef will slice easier if partially frozen.) Pour beef broth over all.
- Cover and cook on LO setting for 8-10 hours. This is nice served with garlic toast.
I rated this low due to results. I will make this again with some major changes. I followed the directions exactly. The outcome tasted pretty good but the texture of the rice after cooking for so long was a gelatenous mess. In making this again I will add the rice about 1 hour from the meat/vegetable mixture being done. I will also add a LOT more carrots and other root vegetables to this. There was a nice earthy taste with the mushrooms, beef, carrots and rice seasoning mix.