Really easy, fast and good. From the old Gourmet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g monkfish fillet, cut crosswise into medallions 1- inch thick (2 small fillets)
- salt and pepper
- 3.69 ml dried thyme, crumbled, divided
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, divided
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 236.59 ml tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 7.39 ml fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1Season the monkfish medallions with 1/2 teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper.
- 2In a small heavy skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over moderate-high heat until the foam subsides and in it sauté the monkfish medallions, turning once, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the heat and tent with foil to keep warm.
- 3In the skillet add the remaining butter and cook the garlic over moderate-low heat, stirring, and add the tomato, lemon juice, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, if desired.
- 4Stir in any juices that have accumulated around the medallions, the parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Arrange the medallions on heated plates and spoon over the sauce.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Monkfish Medallions With Tomato and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 48.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.9 g