Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a favorite of Andrew Zimmern, host of the TV show Bizarre Foods.
- 8 wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, placed in a cheesecloth-lined sieve and drained overnight in the fridge
- 4 teaspoons dried mint
- Combine the lamb, onion, garlic, parsley and chili, and season well. Reserve in fridge. Chill.
- One wrapper at a time, place a teaspoon of filling into wrapper, fold to form a half circle, pleating edges as you go, sealing with fingers. Place finished dumplings on baking sheet dusted with cornstarch.
- Place dumplings into rapidly boiling salted water. Stir once. When dumplings float, cook for 2 minutes and drain.
- Place yogurt into a large saute pan over medium heat, when yogurt is warmed through add the hot dumplings, toss, divide into bowls and sprinkle with the dried mint and serve.