Recipe by cjcgraph
Not sure where I got this recipe but my daughter loves it. The key is to finely chop the broccoli and mushrooms. I use to chop them by hand but an electric food chopper makes it much easier.
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cups water
- 10 1⁄2 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained & finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the Minute Rice, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook the frozen broccoli according to the package and drain. Allow broccoli to cool and chop into fine pieces.
- Mix the rice and broccoli together in a large bowl.
- Drain and finely chop the mushrooms. Add to the rice and broccoli along with the can of mushroom soup and mix together.
- Melt the butter and cheese together in a seperate bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Stir into the rice mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees. Top should be lightly browned.