Recipe by Smabbey
My mom used to make this for casual suppers and family get-togethers. Makes a nice appetizer or a a great meal served with a salad or soup! Plus, it's a great way to get a healthy serving of spinach in! We love it! My mom never used to put cheese on top, but my husband likes it topped with mozzarella cheese!
- 2 (340.19 g) box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 118.29 ml black olives, roughly chopped
- 7.39-14.79 ml salt (to taste)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 pizza dough, for one pizza (store bought works great)
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Squeeze defrosted spinach to get as much moisture out as possible.
- Add garlic, crushed red pepper, black olives, salt, and olive oil to spinach and mix well.
- Prepare dough for baking if necessary, (knead and roll out to fit pan).
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan to prevent dough from sticking and lay dough in pan.
- Spread spinach mixture evenly on top of dough, and top with optional mozzarella cheese.
- Bake@ 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.