My mom used to make this for casual suppers and family get-togethers. Makes a nice appetizer or a a great meal served with a salad or soup! Plus, it's a great way to get a healthy serving of spinach in! We love it! My mom never used to put cheese on top, but my husband likes it topped with mozzarella cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (340.19 g) box frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 118.29 ml black olives, roughly chopped
- 7.39-14.79 ml salt (to taste)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 pizza dough, for one pizza (store bought works great)
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Squeeze defrosted spinach to get as much moisture out as possible.
- 3Add garlic, crushed red pepper, black olives, salt, and olive oil to spinach and mix well.
- 4Prepare dough for baking if necessary, (knead and roll out to fit pan).
- 5Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan to prevent dough from sticking and lay dough in pan.
- 6Spread spinach mixture evenly on top of dough, and top with optional mozzarella cheese.
- 7Bake@ 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Spinach Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 541.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: