Recipe by Wendy Archer
Absolutely favorite meal of all in our home. I tried Jo Mama's World Famous Spaghetti this weekend and was told emphatically "you MUST enter 'our' recipe!" Sharlene W, I would love your opinion!
Top Review by Sharlene~W
I did take your challenge and try your version of spaghetti sauce. I guess everyone has their own idea what spaghetti sauce is. For me, ground beef and canned mushroom soup make some kind of casserole, but it isn't spaghetti (in my humble opinion). You asked for it...there it is.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes or 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 cans mushroom soup
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 10 pimento pepper, chopped (not hot!)
- 1 can mushroom, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions and garlic in a minimal amount of oil in a large heavy pot until onions are soft.
- Add meat and stir-fry until browned.
- Add Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Juice and Mushroom Soup, stirring to blend.
- Add Green Peppers and Italian Seasoning.
- Simmer for 45 minutes for flavours to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Add Pimento Peppers and canned mushrooms.
- Simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti with a sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese.
- Freezes exceptionally well for those"pull-out of the freezer" days.